Doctor insights on:
Can Hypothyroidism Cause Abscess
Likely complex...: Thyroid hormones have complex interactions with many parts of the whole body. Hypothyroidism can lead to hyponatremia or to both SIADH + hyponatremia. Being low in thyroid hormone can somehow lead to the release of anti-diuretic hormone from the pituitary gland, so one gets SIADH and the accompanying excess water in the body. ...Read more
Need more informatio: Could be you are not on a large enough dose (most adults need 75-150 mcg/day) or that you are not taking it consistently (you can double up next day if you miss a dose). Difficulty absorbing the thyroid hormone in your gut is the least common cause). Would need to know your dose and thyroid test results before treatment and most recently. ...Read more
Affects ovulation: Yes, hypothyroidism can affect both fertility as well as affect pregnancy outcomes. Hypothyroidism can affect ovulation which in turn affects capacity to get pregnant. Also once pregnant there is an increased risk of miscarriage. Therefore it is best to correct thyroid disorders ahead of attempting pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor online
- Can hypothyroidism cause nausea?
- Can a hysterectomy cause hypothyroidism?
- Can hypothyroidism cause tremors?
- Can prozac cause hypothyroidism?
- Can zoloft cause hypothyroid?
- Can a tooth abscess cause headaches?
- Can a tooth abscess cause dizziness?
- Can hypothyroidism cause swollen ankles?
- Can hypothyroidism cause hypogonadism?