Doctor insights on:
Can Hypothyroidism Cause Abscess
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
Likely complex...: Thyroid hormones have complex interactions with many parts of the whole body. Hypothyroidism can lead to hyponatremia or to both SIADH + hyponatremia. Being low in thyroid hormone can somehow lead to the release of anti-diuretic hormone from the pituitary gland, so one gets SIADH and the accompanying excess water in the body. ...Read more
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can hyperthyroidism cause abscess?
- What can hypothyroidism cause?
- Can hypothyroidism cause itching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hypothyroidism and depression
- Can caffeine cause hypothyroidism?
- Can hypothyroidism cause diabetes?
- Can hypothyroidism cause miscarriage?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free