Doctor insights on:
Can Hypothyroid Cause A Thick Tongue
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
Can major anxiety cause your tongue to feel swollen along with hypothyroid and also I have awful acid reflux?
thyroid: Altered thyroid function may cause macroglossia. This is generally effects the entire tongue. For one sided swelling - you should get it checked with a complete exam, and workup. ...Read more
Myxedema: Check out http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pmc/articles/pmc3219173/ re effects of thyroid on skin. Also check out http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/myxedema for info re myxedema which is described as thickening of skin associated w/hypothyroidism. This should improve once hypothyroidism is treated. Go see your family doctor for testing & treatment. ...Read more
I diagnosed with hipothyroid and hashimotos. Recently I noticed that the bottom of my tongue is swollen and I'm not sure if this is normal. ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a swollen tongue be caused by hypothyroidism?
- Thick tongue causes
- What can hypothyroidism cause?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can menopause cause hypothyroidism?
- Hypothyroidism and depression
- Can caffeine cause hypothyroidism?
- Can hypothyroidism cause diabetes?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online