Doctor insights on:
Can Hypothyroid Cause A Thick Tongue
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
Can major anxiety cause your tongue to feel swollen along with hypothyroid and also I have awful acid reflux?
thyroid: Altered thyroid function may cause macroglossia. This is generally effects the entire tongue. For one sided swelling - you should get it checked with a complete exam, and workup. ...Read more
Myxedema: Check out http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pmc/articles/pmc3219173/ re effects of thyroid on skin. Also check out http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/myxedema for info re myxedema which is described as thickening of skin associated w/hypothyroidism. This should improve once hypothyroidism is treated. Go see your family doctor for testing & treatment. ...Read more
I diagnosed with hipothyroid and hashimotos. Recently I noticed that the bottom of my tongue is swollen and I'm not sure if this is normal. ?
I have a cat and I have a hypothyroid! i heard from some people that cats my cause it ! is it true?
Myths: This would be a false myth with no truth to it. ...Read more
Metabolism slows: You start burning much fewer calories and the weight adds up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a swollen tongue be caused by hypothyroidism?
- Can having hypothyroidism cause a woman not to have an orgasm?
- Can a hysterectomy cause hypothyroidism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a car accident with back injuries cause hypothyroidism?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause a trembling tongue?
- Can a tongue ulcer cause tongue cancer?
- Can a zinc deficiency cause a cracked tongue?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online