Doctor insights on:
Can Hydroquinone Makes You Constipated
Fairly well: Hydroquinone is an effect way to fade hyperpigmented scars (those with a dark color) but it is not as effective at fading red or raised scars. Those require other measures. Also in a small number of dark-skinned individuals, use of hydroquinone can cause increased pigmentation. Nothing works 100% of the time so for best results, consult with an expert in scars e.g. A plastic surgeon. ...Read more
Yes, in rodents: Hydroquinione is used as a topical agent to remove pigment from skin. It is banned in europe, australia and parts of asia due to data from studies that linked high doses of hydroquinone to cancer in mice. In 2006 the fda issued a 4 month ban to review data and then allowed for it's use to treat melisma. There is no data directly link to cancer in humans, but it is classified as a toxin by epa. ...Read more
Irritation: The skin will become irritated and more senstive to sunburns, it is used for lightening dark skin on the face and can be safely used once a day. ...Read more
No: Except you must rest from it every few months. Continuous use over many months may result in a paradoxical darker skin. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can hemorrhoids make you constipated?
- Can water make you constipated?
- Can soda make you constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can vicodin make you constipated?
- Can probiotics make you constipated?
- Can vitamins make you constipated?
- Can fiber make you constipated?
- Talk to a dermatologist online