Doctor insights on:
Can Humans Contract Kennel Cough
My dog has kennel cough is it contagious for me or my 2 children? My son is 11 & my daughter is 8........
No: No, ordinarily the bacteria that classically cause kennel cough do not affect humans. However, there have been case reports of that bacteria affecting humans who are immuno-compromised. As long as everyone in the household his relatively healthy, i'm afraid only your dog is going to be affected. However, your dog can pass it to other dogs! i hope your pup starts feeling better soon! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
NO: See aboveGet a more detailed answer ›
Can you get rabies from a child? Human to human transmission? If they sneeze, breathe or cough on someone?
Unlikely: From the cdc, "bite and non-bite exposures inflicted by infected humans could theoretically transmit rabies, but no such cases have been documented. Casual contact, such as touching a person with rabies or contact with non-infectious fluid or tissue (urine, blood, feces) does not constitute an exposure...". ...Read more
Many reasons: Persons cough for various reasons. A cough can be associated with upper or lower respiratory infections, acid reflux, asthma (even without wheezing), post nasal drip, foreign body obstructions, lesions in the lungs such as cancer, and even damage to some nerves. There are many causes to a cough. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can kennel cough be transmitted to humans?
- Can humans spread kennel cough?
- Kennel cough humans transmission to humans
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Kennel cough contagious to humans
- Can people catch kennel cough?
- Severe kennel cough symptoms
- Homeopathic remedies for kennel cough
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online