Doctor insights on:
Can High Blood Pressure People Have Colonoscopy
Yes: As long as it is fairly well-controlled at the time of the procedure with medications taken at home. ...Read more
A blood pressure reading has two numbers: a systolic blood pressure and a diastolic blood pressure. The systolic blood pressure is the maximum pressure the blood exerts on the vessels when the heart is beating. The diastolic blood pressure is the pressure the blood exerts on the vessels in between heartbeats. Hypertension, or high blood pressure, begins when the systolic blood pressure remains above 140 or when the diastolic blood pressure remains above 90. Hypertension can be a result of increased blood flow through vessels or increased resistance to ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
High blood pressure before gral anesthesia -EGD and colonoscopy- Been having 145/95 average in the last week. Lot of stress lately. HR normal though.?
Damages Arteries: High blood pressure damages arteries, leading to atherosclerosis. This leads over many years to gradual blockage of arteries and eventually to heart attack (death of heart muscle from lack of blood), angina, and stroke. High blood pressure also damages the kidneys and heart muscle and can lead to CHF and kidney failure. It also increases risk of dementia. Treatment is safe and effective. ...Read more
Try lifestyle changes first:
- don't smoke cigarettes or use any tobacco product.
- lose weight if you're overweight.
- exercise regularly.
- eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and is low in fat.
- limit your sodium, alcohol and caffeine intake.
- try relaxation techniques or biofeedback. ...Read more
Lifestyle & medicine: See your doctor! You need to have a doctor evaluate your blood pressure first. Stop smoking, increase exercise (starting with what you are healthy enough to do), and follow your doctor's instructions with regards to the above and the prescribed medication. Controlling blood pressure is one of the smartest things you can do to improve your health. ...Read more
High blood pressure: High blood pressure, or hypertension, is most commonly idiopathic (no good reason). Obesity, family history, excessive salt intake, stress and kidney problems can be contributors. Recommendations for normal blood pressure get lower all the time - see your doctor for advice on what might be normal for you. ...Read more
Blood Pressure Treat: Lifestyle changes such as losing weight, exercising regularly, decreasing sodium (salt) intake, avoiding alcohol and excessive stimulants such as caffeine, getting enough sleep, treating sleep apnea if present all help. However, blood pressure tends to rise gradually with age, so be prepared to take some medicines in needed to prevent stroke, heart attack, heart or kidney failure, etc. ...Read more
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) (Definition)
Also known as hypertension, high blood pressure occurs when blood pressure is 140/90 or higher. A systolic blood pressure (top number) is the pressure the blood exerts on the artery when the heart is at maximum contraction and a diastolic blood pressure (bottom number) is the pressure the blood exerts on the artery when the heart is at maximum relaxation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Do some people have naturally high blood pressure?
- Normal blood pressure for 22 year old male
- Normal blood pressure for 50 year old woman
- Normal blood pressure for a 16 year old
- Can i take ibuprofen if i have high blood pressure?
- Can you have pre eclampsia without high blood pressure?
- Normal blood pressure for 80 year old woman
- Normal blood pressure for 21 year old male
- Can i do mountain climbing when i have high blood pressure?
- Can i do nutrisystem if i have high blood pressure?
- Can you eat pizza if you have high blood pressure?
- Can you take aleve if you have high blood pressure?
- Normal blood pressure for 60 year old woman
- Normal blood pressure range for women over 60
- Normal blood pressure 90 year old woman
- Normal blood pressure for 12 year old girl
- Normal blood pressure for 52 year old woman
- Can people with high blood pressure take alka seltzer cold medicine?
- Gi said they seen pressure in colonoscopy
- Blood in stool test blood not visible to the eye could it just be piles frightened to have colonoscopy