Doctor insights on:
Can Hepatitis Be Transmitted Through Kissing
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
Did hepatitis b infect another person through mouth kissing, ?If the other is a chronic carrier ..Im confused as IG mucous contains this virus or not
Yes, but remember...: One can catch hepa through kissing, but remember that hepa viruses are transmitted by a fecal-oral route. That means hepa hangs around one's anus, or wherever traces of poop might end up. So, to transmit hepa by kissing, some of the kissing probably has to be located "south of the belly button", or on unwashed hands. ...Read more
Details. Details.: That depends on which type of hepatitis, whether one is talking about "getting in contact with a virus" or about "getting the actual disease", which part of the body is being kissed, the conditions of the kisser's part of the body and of the kissee's part of the body, the immune status of the kisser, etc... There are many kinds of hepatitis and many kinds of kissing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can hepatitis c be transmitted through kissing?
- Can stomach cancer be transmitted through kissing how contagious is h pylori?
- Can hpv be transmitted through kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can hepatitis b be transmitted through saliva?
- Can hiv be transmitted through kissing?
- Can hiv aids be transmitted through kissing?
- Can syphilis be transmitted through kissing?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free