Doctor insights on:
Can Hemodialysis Affect Blood Glucose Level
Hemodialysis: Hemodialysis really should not affect your blood sugars. Insulin will last longer in your blood stream as kidneys fail so often Insulin requirements decrease with worsening kidney function. Peritoneal dialysis (where the fluid uses is high is dextrose aka sugar) can raise blood sugar levels. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Anything above norma: Anything above normal. Diabetes is diagnosed by a glucose above 200 at any time or situation; a fasting (no food for 8 hours or more) greater than 100; a two hour post-meal glucose greater than 130-140. All of these are blood drawn in a lab, not finger sticks. An hba1c test of 6.5 or greater is also diagnostic for diabetes. For more info go to diabetes.Org. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can alcohol affect blood glucose levels?
- Can depakote affect blood glucose levels?
- How does dehydration affect blood glucose levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pain increase blood glucose levels in diabetics?
- Can eggs raise blood glucose level?
- What can affect blood sugar levels?
- Can stress affect blood sugar levels?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free