Doctor insights on:
Can Heating Pads Help Sciatic Pain
Sciatic nerve heat: Place it where you hurt in the buttock area, or use a dixie-cup from the freezer with ice and massage the area after the heat is done (interchange every 20-30 minutes or so). Peal a little rim of the dixie cup off when the ice starts to melt. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Laminectomy 2.5 weeks ago. Still having sciatic leg pain. Heat or ice for inflammation around nerve root or both?
Whatever feels : Comfortable but neither will reach as deep as the nerve root but will help control, more superficial tissue symptoms. Talk to your surgeon about other options for symptom control including physical therapy & medication like anti inflammatories, gabapentin, lyrica, Amitriptyline , nortriptyline and cymbalta. If pain persists have surgeon reevaluate you by physical exam & possible imaging. ...Read more
Seeing your PCP wou-: Ld be advisable, as she/he starts the process of evaluation/investigations/treatments. Pain meds + rest + heating pad would all help. The pinched nerve causing the sciatica by the disc will settle down and symptoms subside, or if not, then pt/exercises, steroid epidural shots might be helpful. If still not better, then a referral to a spinal surgeon might be necessary. Good luck. ...Read more
I have sciatic nerve issues & no insurance. I can't exercise because the pain is intense and taking over-the-counter medications don't help. Advice?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will a heating pad help with kidney stone pain
- Should i use a heating pad on low to help the pain of my ear infection
- Does a heating pad help lower back pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to help with sciatic pain?
- Heating pad help kidney stone pain
- Can i use a heating pad on my belly while pregnant?
- Does a heating pad help with kidney stones?
- Talk to a neurologist online