Doctor insights on:
Can Having Hypothyroidism Cause A Woman Not To Have An Orgasm
Conventionally, orgasm is the culmination of sexual arousal (and may be repeated) and typically produces great pleasure through direct genital stimulation of the male penis and female clitoris. However, orgasm may also be achieved via the brain or as a reflex arc. The physical characteristics are an explosive peak & repeated neuromuscular action causing release of male ...Read more
See below: The only way to be certain that is the casue is to take theyoid to bring up the levels to normal and see if that helps. ...Read more
I already know constant stress can cause a loss of interest in sex, but can it also cause a woman to not have an orgasm ?
Of course.: Most people forget that one way of withholding a partners pleasure in sex, is not to enjoy it. Finally, stress is a distraction, and anything so complex as an orgasm will be shelved by the brain. One paradox: many drugs used to treat stress and depression, serotonin reuptake inhibitors, severely blunt the ability to achieve and orgasm. Drugs like prozac, zoloft, celexa, or Lexapro (escitalopram) are like this. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I already know cheating can cause a loss of interest in sex, but can it also cause a woman to not have an orgasm ?
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can children have orgasms?
- Is it normal for a woman to squirt while having an orgasm?
- Can having hypothyroidism cause missed menstrual periods?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have hypothyroidism and not be overweight?
- What can cause a young woman to have premature ovarian failure?
- Can a woman have an adam's apple?
- How soon can i have orgasm after vaginal hysterectomy?
- Can hypotestosteronism cause a women not to have an orgasm?