Doctor insights on:
Can Having Hemolytic Anemia Stop Me From Getting Pregnant
No: The oxygen carrying capacity of your blood, which is what anemia affects, does not affect fertility. However, depending upon how profound your anemia, it may make the pregnancy very difficult and risky. I would definitely correct the anemia before conception and remain in the care of your hematologist to maintain normal hemoglobin levels throughout your pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
If a girl having autoimmune hemolytic anemia n on steroids n azathioprin what she should do to get pregnant n have healthy baby?
Hi risk pregnancy: Both drugs you are on are risky with pregnancy, you need to work closely with your hematologist and your obstetrician if you get pregnant to select drugs that better suit your condition and tell you the right time for conception, wish you wellness ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cell membrane damage: Pyruvate a kinase deficiency results in reduced ability of red cells to make atp -the "energy source" of cells. Atp is also necessary to protect cells from damaging compounds such as free radicals. With decreased energy supply the cell is not able to maintain appropriate concentrations of electrolytes and fluids, becomes distorted or stiff, and then is destroyed in the spleen or liver. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can stop me from getting pregnant?
- Can getting a blood transfusion give me autoimmune hemolytic anemia?
- Can having a abortion stop you from getting pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am a man can a vasectomy stop me from getting arouse
- Can a cyst stop you from getting pregnant?
- What can stop u from getting pregnant?
- What can stop a woman from getting pregnant?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free