Doctor insights on:
Can Having Diphtheria Cause You To Be Sterile
Diphtheria : Not usually. The toxin is cardio toxic and the antitoxin will help with cardiac issues. Ii have not heard of sterility issues with diphtheria. I had the only case in the country 10 yrs ago. It will produce a greenish exudate and the tissue in the pharynx will slough. My patient sloughed all the tissue above her vocal cords. I had to put a breathing tube in her to save her life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diphtheria is a potentially fatal, contagious disease that usually involves the nose, throat, and air passages, but may also infect the skin. Its most striking feature is the formation of a grayish membrane covering the tonsils and upper part of the throat. This is a preventable disease by vaccination. It is ...Read more
C.diphtheriae strain: The germ corynebacterium diphtheriae is a bacteria that has a toxic strain that uses humans as it's only reservoir. It produces a variety of enzymes that allow it to penetrate and destroy cells or have toxic effects on the heart, kidneys & nerves. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It can cause pain: Injections can cause local hematomas, or "bruises" to the muscle. This happens especially if a person or child tenses the muscle during an injection. After an injection, it is best to use cool compresses to the area for the first 24 hours - then change to warm compresses (not too hot!). Also, gentle massage to the area helps resolve the swelling. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can males be sterile by having antibodies to their own sperm?
- Can a yeast infection make you sterile?
- Can soy milk cause men to be sterile?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause you to have a seizure?
- Can weight loss cause you not to have a period?
- What can cause you to have a miscarriage?
- Can alcoholism cause you to have pernicious anemia?
- Talk to a pediatrician online