Doctor insights on:
Can Having An Abortion Make You Infertile
Not unless there : Were serious complications.Get a more detailed answer ›
I had an medical abortion 2 weeks ago and i'm gettin pains in my vagina and gettin brown discharge what is this and can it make me infertile?
Post Procedure D/C: A brown discharge and some pain right after an instrument procedure is not uncommon, and is the body's way of cleaning out the debrided tissues. Normally, these should subside in a week or so. If the symptoms continue much longer, it would be prudent to consult your gynecologist. Make an appointment sooner if you develop a fever or the discharge becomes heavier. ...Read more
Absolutely NO: The idea that suction abortion causes uterine scarring has long been found to be false. Uterine scarring has happeded in postpartum (after delivery) curretting especially in the presence of infection. Should a patient have a pre-existing bacterial infection does increase concern but all patients are pre-treated with antibiotics prior to surgery minimizing infection to nearly zero. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Possible, not likely: It obviously depends on any complications, such as endometritis, salpingitis, endometrial scarring (asherman syndrome) during or after the abortion - in general it is not common for women to become infertile after an abortion, although it is not unheard of. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a doctor tell if you have had an abortion?
- Can the abortion pill make you infertile?
- Can you have an abortion at 7 months?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink after having an abortion?
- Up to how many months can you have an abortion
- How often can you have an abortion?
- Can having an abortion cause infertility?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free