Doctor insights on:
Can Having An Abortion Cause Infertility
Absolutely NO: The idea that suction abortion causes uterine scarring has long been found to be false. Uterine scarring has happeded in postpartum (after delivery) curretting especially in the presence of infection. Should a patient have a pre-existing bacterial infection does increase concern but all patients are pre-treated with antibiotics prior to surgery minimizing infection to nearly zero. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
PID: Pelvic inflammatory disease or infection after abortion may cause scaring in the genital tract the ovaries release eggs that are swept into the fallopian tubes and into the uterus. Inflammation ; scaring of the tubes may cause blockages ; the eggs cannot pass. Severe infections may scar the ovaries preventing egg release ; the endometrium (lining) of uterus preventing implantation of an embryo. ...Read more
Will two D&C cause me to have scar tissue leading to becoming infertile ? I made poor chocises where I had two abortions after my son I'm so worried!
Unlikely: D&C may cause scar tissue in the uterine cavity and may cause the cavity to 'stick' together. If this happens then you most likely will not have a period after the D&C and you may need surgery to separate the cavity. If you are seeing your period then scar is unlikely to affect your fertility. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can having an abortion make you infertile?
- Can having an abortion cause future miscarriages?
- Can a doctor tell if you have had an abortion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many times can a woman have an abortion?
- Can you have an abortion at 7 months?
- Can having hypothyroidism cause a woman not to have an orgasm?
- Can you have an abortion with ovarian cysts?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free