Doctor insights on:
Can Having A Screw In Your Bone Make It Weaker
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Yes: Are removal or orthopedic fixation devices (eg. Screws/plates), the bones remodel and fill in the defects left by the hardware. ...Read more
"Forever": The hardware used to repair bone is usually stainless steel or a titanium alloy. It can last for one’s lifetime. There is one caveat, if a fracture does not heal then the screws, plates, rods, etc., used in fracture fixation can fail, that is, break. Also if the fracture does not heal screws or wires can start to back out and cause some problems that could make it necessary to remove them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably too deep of: A penetration hitting your tail bone. Just a guess. Try a new position. Just a thought! ...Read more
Rigid fixation: Not all fractures need fixation with plates and screws. Generally, plates and screws are necessary if a fracture is badly displaced (out of position) and if not fixed with a plate and screws, the fracture still may heal but it may heal in a position that affects the function of the limb or joint. Also, they are often needed to fix fractures involving joint surfaces. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which complications have resulted from the use of bioabsorbable bone screws
- Can your period make you have diarrhea?
- Can having a cold make your eyes hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Complications bone screws
- Acl repair screw bone
- Do people with celiac have a weaker immune system?
- Can having a c aection make your periods worse?
- Can wearing a weaker prescription damage your vision?