Doctor insights on:
Can Guys Get Genital Warts
HPV is common: 70 - 80 % of young women in the U.S. Have or have had hpv. There are several types, some can cause cervical cancer, some cause almost no trouble at all, and some cause warts. Warts are primarily cosmetic, although they can be transmitted sexually. Reducing the bulk of the warts can be done with chemicals or other means of cautery. Your immune system is ultimately going to get rid of the hpv. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The major organs of the reproductive system includes, the external genitalia (penis and vulva) as well as a number of internal organs including the gamete producing gonads (testicles and ovaries). Diseases of the human reproductive system are very common and widespread, particularly ...Read more
No: Despite condom use the viruses that cause genital warts can still be spread. In females, pap smears test for most of the harmful viruses. In msm (men who have sex with men), "anal pap smears" can be done. Hpv, which is a vaccine, can help protect a person from contracting the most common viruses that give rise to genital warts and cervical cancer. Both males and females can get this vaccine. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Usually go away: 80% of women with genital warts will have spontaneous resolution with-in 12 months. However, treatment with one of the current immune system modulating medications specifically intended for genital warts can decrease that time to a few weeks or a couple months for most women. Genital warts are not usually painful, but if the warts are painful, treatment for a quicker resolution is warranted. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get genital warts or cervical cancer from a wart on your hand?
- Can you get genital warts without having hpv?
- Can you get genital warts from sitting on the carpet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get genital warts from common warts?
- Can you get genital warts from the sheet?
- Can you get genital warts from oral?
- How can you get genital warts from a toilet seat?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free