Doctor insights on:
Carpets And Genital Warts
No: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
The major organs of the reproductive system includes, the external genitalia (penis and vulva) as well as a number of internal organs including the gamete producing gonads (testicles and ovaries). Diseases of the human reproductive system are very common and widespread, particularly ...Read more
Yes -if: If someone else with genital warts was sitting on the same section of carpet then it is possible that the human papilloma virus could stay on the carpet fibers and then be transferred to another host. However the virus would not be expected to last long on the carpet and the chances seem unlikely. ...Read more
Genital Warts: Genital warts are soft growths on the skin and mucus membranes of the genitals. They may be found on the penis, vulva, urethra, vagina, cervix, and around and in the anus. Genital warts are a sexually transmitted infection (sti).The virus that causes genital warts is called human papilloma virus (hpv). More than 70 different types of hpv exist. Certain types of hpv can lead to precancerous changes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
HPV: I assume "hoc" should be "hpv". Of the 100 hpv types, about 60 cause warts mostly on the hands or feet. The other 40 or so are sexually transmitted, and are drawn to the body's mucous membranes, such as the moist layers around the anal and genital areas. Low-risk hpv strains, such as hpv 6 and 11, cause about 90% of genital warts, which rarely develop into cancer. But they are contagious. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Warts are contagious if the area is susceptible. Not all body parts and not all people are susceptible. Also, there are 99 species of hpv. The one that causes common warts on your hand is not the same one that causes cervical cancer. Regardless, watch where and who you touch with that hand, and see a dermatologist to get rid of it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get genital warts from sitting on the carpet?
- Bumps in the mouth on my gums what can cause this to happen
- What can cause severe pain in my lower pelvic area on the right side?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My right toe is in pain off and on can you tell me what's causeing the pain
- Can sleeping on the back causing flat head in baby?
- Can genital warts cause cancer in men?
- Can sinus infection cause a strange smell in the nose?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free