Doctor insights on:
Can Genital Warts Spread
Yes: Genital warts are caused by strains of human papilloma virus (hpv) some of which cause cervical cancer, anal warts & cancer, pharyngeal warts & cancer. If you are affected, have your fp check thoroughly for other sites, especially the cervix with pap smear & dna testing to prevent/id cervical cancer early. Hpv vaccine protects against these cancer-causing strains. Discuss with doc. ...Read more
The major organs of the reproductive system includes, the external genitalia (penis and vulva) as well as a number of internal organs including the gamete producing gonads (testicles and ovaries). Diseases of the human reproductive system are very common and widespread, particularly ...Read more
Yes: Although it is unusual for HPV induced genital warts to spread to other skin sites, they can spread to mucous membranes and also to the vocal cords. SO, if you have active genital lesions, partner should avoid oral sex. Also can transmit to infant during birth, so make sure to tell OB if you have lesions and you are pregnant. Then you both can discuss options to reduce risk of transmission. ...Read more
Say I touched a genital wart (on me) then rubbed my eye or touched another body part. Can genital warts spread to other body parts this way?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can genital warts spread to your mouth?
- Can you spread genital herpes through menstrual blood?
- Can unclean massage parlors spread genital herpes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can skin tags look like genital warts?
- Can hand warts cause genital warts?
- How long can you have genital warts without knowing?
- Can you get genital warts without having hpv?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free