Doctor insights on:
Can Gallstones Cause Urinary Tract Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Can an ovarian cyst cause urinary tract infections? Have gotten a UTI two months in a row following growth and pain in ovarian cyst.
Intercourse: Many urinary tract infections in women occur after sex because the vaginal and rectal areas are so close to the urethra where women urinate from. Sex allows bacteria from these close areas to be spread toward the urethra. Urinating immediately after sex can decrease the number of infections. If they are still frequent, sometimes doctors will prescribe a medicine to take each time after sex. ...Read more
Enlarged prostate: Prostatic enlargement can lead to progressive urethral + bladder neck obstruction leading to impaired bladder drainage + various degrees of urinary retention. Also can develop bladder diverticula (outpouchings) from increased voiding pressures in bladder, which do not empty with urination. Retained urine "stagnates" and is fertile ground for utis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cause urinary tract infection?
- What can cause urinary tract infections in women?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause bleeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can urinary tract infections cause back pain?
- What can cause a urinary tract infection?
- Can a urinary tract infection cause stomach pain?
- Can yeast infection cause urinary tract infection?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free