Doctor insights on:
Can Folic Acid Cause Constipation
Folic acid, AKA folate (folic acid) (vit B9), is recommended for all women wanting to get pregnant -- 0.4mg (400mcg) daily, which is important for preventing birth defects like spina bifida. Women w/ a hx these disorders should take 10x that amt daily -- 4mg (4000mcg) through the 3rd month of pregnancy. It won't affect fertility, chances of conception/twins, or periods. ...Read more
Folic acid: Depending on the age & the deficiency, the serum level & what it is used for, the usual adult dose is 400-1, 000 microgram per day. ...Read more
My 8 year old has achey joints, headaches, emotional swings, feeling cold and on and off constipation. Her ferritin is 27 ug/l, saturation 44%, haemoglobin 128 g/l and red cell folate (folic acid) is 1918 nmol/l ?
Folic acid: This is not likely to produce fatigue. See a doctor and have this professionally evaluated. ...Read more
Homocysteine 10.9 normal is lower than 10.4. B12 folic acid came back normal. So what else can cause it to be high?
Stop worrying: Reference ranges are set so that a few percent of healthies fall outside. I wouldn't give that stuff another thought. A decade ago, this was being tooted as a new coronary risk factor but most of the pathologists I know disregard it. Your B12 and folate (folic acid) are fine. There's nothing you're going to do about this. It probably means nothing. * say, "Forget it." But ask your own physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Folic acid can cause pimples
- Can folic acid cause a headache?
- Can folic acid cause pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can folic acid cause weight gain?
- Can lack of folic acid cause cin1?
- Can folic acid overdose cause kidney disease?
- Can folic acid deficiency cause schizophrenia?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free