Doctor insights on:
Can Flat Feet Cause Other Problems
A fallen arch is commonly known as a flatfoot. The foot loses the arch on the inner side of foot. This is also known as pes planus and there can be either a flexible version and a rigid version. A flexible version is flat only when weight is applied on the foot; a rigid version is flat when the foot is off and when the foot is on ...Read more
Can unilateral spots&blackheads on cheek be caused by TMJ disorder, associated problems with ACL rupture/reconstruct', flat feet or something else?
Genetics: Flat feet are usually just what you were born with. You can exacerbate this with poor foot wear and certain activities but generally it is a laxity of the ligaments in the foot and it is how your are. Give yourself a lift and get some inserts (arch supports) and if problems, see your orthopedist with interest in feet or a podiatrist. Don't be a "pain in the foot"! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Shoes, orthotics.: If you allow your foot to function "flat" as an adult, it can often progress to a more painful, flatter foot over months to years. This may be due to posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, or pttd. Check with your doctor: you may need custom inserts, an ankle brace, or surgery to prevent further deformity and pain. ...Read more
Orthotics: See a board certified podiatrist and have a set of custom made functional forefoot orthosis balanced to neutral made for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can liver problems cause brown spots on the bottom of feet?
- Can having flat feet cause you to have a higher chance of mcl injury?
- Can arthritis cause other medical problems or diseases?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause burning and tingling in my groin down my leg to my feet?
- Can thyroid problems cause dizziness and lightheaded feelings?
- Can wisdom teeth cause ear problems?
- Can a rotten tooth cause health problems?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free