Doctor insights on:
Can Fear Make You Throw Up
I would define fear as an insecure feeling, a feeling of impending doom! this is a sort of defense mechanism we developed that help us to survive. Fear helps us from falling "off the cliffs, " as we know the consequences; and help us survive. Children unknowingly, fall off, as ...Read more
I feel so anxious and paranoid I throw up and I can't breathe. It gets really severe. I'm so sick with fear of psychiatrists I hide from them.?
Afraid because I really hope I don't have to throw up because I have emetophobia (fear of throwing up). how do I get rid of this and get to sleep?
Anxiety disorder: can be generalized, or become more of an obsessive-compulsive disorder where fear of contamination becomes an obsession. Trigger may be some traumatic event, but often is not recalled. It responds quite well to the type of cognitive behavioral treatment known as Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), shown to effectively relieve the symptoms of OCD or combined with SSRI medication. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stomach ulcers make you throw up?
- Vitamins and vomiting
- Headache that makes you throw up
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cough that makes you throw up
- Can eye drops make you throw up if swallowed?
- Can low blood sugar make you throw up?
- Can you throw up a baby?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free