Doctor insights on:
Can Eye Exercises Prevent Or Correct Refractive Errors
Not really: Refractive errors are intrinsic to the eye structure and are best corrected with glasses, contact lenses or lasik. In some cases of early presbyopia or difficulty reading, reading glasses may be delayed a bit with accommodation exercises but inevitably patients will require reading glasses. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Are there any proven eye exercises I can do to improve my vision? (or prevent it from getting worse). What else can I do to improve vision?
Get regular exams: Eye exercises have not proven to improve vision if the issue is the need for glasses. There are some exercises which can train your eye hand coordination which have some degree of success with athletes but these are not useful in ordinary visual activities. The best protection is regular eye examinations and the use of protective gear when engaged in any visually threatening activity. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No scientific research to date shows any eye exercises that work to stop or reverse myopia. Some expensive eye training exercises have been tried to help alleviate far sightedness but if a cycloplegic (dilated) eye refraction is performed to put the ciliary muscle at rest a true prescription of the eye results and eye glasses are needed. Rarely, a far sighted person can reduce power of glasses. ...Read more
Sometimes: The focus of the eye is greatly affected by the lens - diseases such as cataract and presbyopia can dramatically affect the focus. Sometimes corneal scarring may induce astigmatism and keratoconous may cause irregular astigmatism requiring contact lenses to treat. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
???: What an unusual question. Not a stupid question at all, but one that i think both ophthalmologists and orthodontists alike will be stumped by. Surgical reshaping of the eye is done to correct visual pathology and orthodontics corrects dental arch pathology, other than that, I am unable to help you with an intelligible answer! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does anyone know of any eye exercises that can correct double vision?
- Can contacts correct strabismus or lazy eye the same way glasses do?
- Can you get a lazy eye from being too tired or sleepy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i wear an eye patch while driving to correct double vision?
- Is there anything i can do to prevent my lazy eye from drifting?
- Can eating carrot or drinking carrot juice really increase or improve eye sight?
- How can i get rid of glasses without laser eye treatment or contacts?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free