Doctor insights on:
Can Exercise Affect Hb A1c Levels
BG control: Hba1c % is almost always elevated because of higher-than-normal average blood sugars, usually in diabetes or prediabetes (impaired fasting glucose, glucose intolerance). Lowering bgs through diet, exercise, or medication should lower hba1c. However, hba1c can be transiently, falsely elevated, so it should be confirmed by repetition and supporting tests, e.g. Fasting bg before any therapy starts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Impossible: Since the a1c measures your average glucose level over the past three months, it is impossible to lower it in that short a time. However, it is important to begin now to lower your value toward normal and then keep it there forever. 8.3 is too high and can shorten your life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
?: Can you safely get your waist size to be half your height in a week? One week is impossible. First of all, no significant changes are seen for 3-4 mos at a time. No sense in checking it sooner. Secondly, please learn about your condition. Seems you really don't know what u r dealing with. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How high does your hba1c need to be before it becomes necessary to medicate. Last time it was 7.1 but i think it's better from diet & exercise.
Lifestyle change: Discuss these with your physician. I am going to assume your have glucose intolerance or type II diabetes but do not require medicine at this time. The greatest gift you can give yourself is weight reduction and good exercise. Even if you are already fairly fit, aerobic fitness would be great. Sensible diet will also be a key. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i reduce my hba1c level?
- Can drinking coke affect your level of iron?
- Can high sugar affect blood alcohol level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can exercise effect your tsh levels?
- Can drinking gatorade affect my blood sugar level?
- Can hemodialysis affect blood glucose level?
- Can depakote affect blood glucose levels?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free