Doctor insights on:
Can Ensure Cause Constipation
Can protien cause constipation,or small amount of dairy,or ensure cause it? What foods can cause constipation?
Absence of fiber...: ...is probably the big issue here. But, to answer your question about foods that have a binding effect, you may want to minimize: chocolate (particularly if you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome), large amounts of dairy (milk, cheese), red meat, bananas (& other high pectin foods), caffeine (particularly if you're already dehydrated). ...Read more
Rarely: Constipation can be accompanied by abdominal pain in infants; those prone to reflux may get upset and vomit due to their distress. Also, if the baby has a bowel obstruction, vomiting will occur--but this tends to be a very acute illness, hours to a few days--and much more severe, also relatively unlikely. For the latter, get help quickly! ...Read more
They are associated.: I assume the contractions you are inquiring about are intestinal or colon cramps. Constipation is usually a functional problem caused by a lack of dietary fiber. When the colon and rectum have to generate more pressure than they are designed to work at, this results in cramps, hemorrhoids and diverticulosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ensure and constipation
- Can constipation cause inflammation?
- Can overeating cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can advil cause constipation?
- Can diverticulitis cause constipation?
- Can pears cause constipation?
- Can dairy cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online