Doctor insights on:
Can Ecstasy Increase Your Risk For Colon Cancer
Final few yards of your intestine, between the terminal ileum (small bowell) and rectum. It squeezes water and solidifies waste to stool. It is subject to outpouching (divertics) polyps, and these can become cancers. The cells are abnormal, invade into the muscle and travel ...Read more
While Chron's can: Have varied course, it can affect the entire gut. It's cousin, ulcerative colitis that affects the large bowel, is the cancer prone malady. Chron's, aka regional enteritis, can cause a great deal of misery, but it is not usually a cancer prone illness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can removal of your gallbladder increase your risk for colon polyps or colon cancer because of bile salt being directly dumped into your large bowels.
Sometimes: There is a familial disorder known as lynch syndrome which increases both the risk of colon cancer and endometrial (uterine) cancer. About 5% of all colon cancers are caused by lynch syndrome. If a family has multiple cases of both colon and endometrial cancer or colon cancer under the age of 40, lynch syndrome should be considered. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: The "family history" of colon cancer needs to be further clarified as to what type of family syndrome this is. A genetic counselor can help further define the risks and potential surveillance or treatment strategies. The increased risk may be small or may be very large. Specific genetic testing may be indicated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Does having gallbladder removed increase risk of colon cancer? Or does gallbladder removal cause colon cancer?
Colon Cancer: There are types that have family predispositions but this is the minority most forms are sporadic there are also multiple environmental and dietary risk factors for development of colon and rectal cancer. Low fiber and high fat diets have been shown to increase risk of this disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lactose intolerance increase your risk of colon cancer?
- Can cancer of the colon cause your legs to hurt?
- Can ligament under armpit be symptoms for colon cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do to reduce your risk of heart disease cancer and other diseases?
- Can i be screened for colon cancer with a ct scan instead of a colonoscopy?
- Can my hiatal hernia increase my chance of colon cancer?
- Can your local gp see if you have throat cancer or not for diagnosis?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free