Doctor insights on:
Can Echinacea Treat Bacterial Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Bacterial infection: There is no conclusive evidence of the efficacy of echinacea and goldenseal in treating any form of infection. There is good evidence that they have little or any effect on viral illnesses. ...Read more
No: There is no antibacterial effect in monostat. ...Read more
Should viruses and bacterial infections actually be treated right away, or let the body fight it a few days?
Natural Approach: The body has some amazing tools to fight infections and often we "muck" it up by trying to handle it with other meds. Let the body fight it, if you can stand the symptoms. ...Read more
I have reoccurring bacterial infections. I get treated with meds but it comes back almost instantaneous. What can help me because the meds arnt workin?
Needs evaluation: You may need to seen by physician and need detail examination and laboratory study . There are several immunological disorder that needs to address . Is there any resistant organism? Which part you have infection? So i think you need thorough exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Goldenseal echinacea for a bacterial infection
- Can doxycycline treat bacterial infections?
- Can curcumin treat bacterial infections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Echinacea for bacterial vaginosis yeast infections
- How to treat ear infection with echinacea?
- How can you treat a bacterial infection?
- Are there herbal supplements that can treat a bacterial lung infection?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online