Doctor insights on:
Can Dysmenorrhea Cause Infertility
Period pain is menstrual pain, a symptom in which a woman has discomfort or pain just before, during, and/or just after a menstrual period. Mild lower abdominal discomfort or cramping during 1-2 days with each menstrual period is considered normal, but additional or more severe pains can ...Read more
Many causes & yes: Dysmenorrhea occurs in some women with each menses. The uterus contracts & realeases prostaglandins which cause pain. In routine dysmenorrhea, otc meds such as Ibuprofen can help, as can exercise. Ocps or other hormonal contraception usually eliminates or minimizes. Other causes such as endometriosis or fibroids may need further therapy. ...Read more
Could be: That you are just having your period, is it around the time that you have your period? ...Read more
51.5yrs. Sudden onset of dysmenorrhea. What are prostaglandins? Can they cause dysmenorrhea at my age? If so, how is this possible?
Pain: Prostaglandins are hormones that cause inflammation and pain. NSAID drugs like Advil and Aleve help with this. 51 is the average age of menopause in the US. This could be something like a degenerating fibroid also, so visit your OBGYN and see if they can do an ultrasound to visualize the pelvis. ...Read more
Dr I had a miscarriage yesterday 6 weeks 3 days my q. Is do dysmenorrhea cause miscarriage ? I have primary dysmenorrhea pls help if so what can I do
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can chronic yeast infections cause infertility?
- Can birth control implanon cause infertility problams?
- Can a medical abortion cause infertility?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can hemorrhagic cysts cause infertility?
- Can a kidney stone cause infertility in men?
- Can antibiotics cause infertility?
- Can chickenpox cause male infertility?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free