Doctor insights on:
Can Drinking Too Much Soy Milk Mess With My Thyroid
Notparticularly: Not necessary for health.Get a more detailed answer ›
Why drink soy?: Unless you are on certain medications (e.g. Doxycycline, thyroid supplements, etc) you probably don't need to time the soy milk intake. I would argue that you shouldn't be drinking soy milk everyday especially if you have history of thyroid disease. Soy(like other goitrogens) competes with thyroid hormone receptors in the body and may lead to low thyroid function. Why not try almond milk? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am a 61 year old woman who is a vegetarian. I eat nuts, eggs, fish, and cheese for protein. I am losing hair. The cause? I am not real fond of fresh greens, but i eat a lot of citrus fruit, and sometimes fresh green vegetables. I drink soy milk. Cou
There : There is a possibility that your hair loss could be from your diet (iron deficiency) or it could be from another cause such as a thyroid disorder, hereditary hair loss, over styling, a scalp condition, polycystic ovarian syndrome, or even lupus. Before just assuming it is your diet, you should give your doctor a call. They will be able to examine you and possibly run some simple blood test to rule out non-diet related reasons for hair loss. Many of these are treatable, so having the correct diagnosis is key! good luck! ...Read more
No : No, no known side effects. The claim of feminization is complete nonsense - never been proven. ...Read more
Soy milk: Yes it is good and healthy, so is hemp milk and low fat cow's milk. ...Read more
Yes.: Drinking soy milk (or cow's milk) is safe while you have a cold and will not affect the duration of your sickness. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can drinking too much milk cause your stool light yellow?
- If i sing with the whistle register too much can it damage my voice
- Can drinking too much milk cause diarrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can drinking too much milk cause diabetes type 2?
- Can a child get sick from drinking too much milk?
- Can well water with too much iron effect my hyperthyroidism?
- Can drinking too much skim milk harm you?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free