Doctor insights on:
Can Drinking Too Much Cause Drowsiness Nausea
Yes.: There is a syndrome known as water intoxification. Athletes who only drink water and no electrolyte replacement after viderous exercise can develop this. Too much water intake dilutes your total body sodium and acts as very low body sodium. Low sodium can swell the brain, cause headaches, seizures, brainstem damage, and even death. ...Read more
Yes!: Research have shown that acute alcohol intoxication results in diminished cognitive and psychomotor abilities. More importantly, this results in an increased number of alcohol-related accidents and deaths due to impaired performance of motor tasks such as tracking, and reaction time. Additionally, alcohol use tends to inhibit responses in go/no-go tasks, thereby complicating easier tasks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doubtful: It is doubtful this caused your problem. ...Read more
See below: There should no need to drink too much water, drink if you are thirsty your body can conserve pottassium, and should not be low, unless you are taking diuretics/medications .Or have other medical causes to lower pottassium levels. ...Read more
Unlikely: This sounds very unlikely. Shortness of breath however can be quite serious. Please see a physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can drinking too much water cause nausea?
- Can laughing too much cause drowsiness and fatigue?
- Can too much stomach acid cause nausea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can drinking too much fluids cause diarrhea?
- What can drinking too much alcohol cause?
- Can drinking too much cause diarrhea?
- Can drinking too much water cause dizziness?
- Talk to a neurologist online