Doctor insights on:
Can Drinking Too Much Alcohol Lead To Diabetes
Yes, sometimes: In very heavy drinkers, damage to the pancreas can occur (pancreatitis), which if it occurs many times can damage the ability of the pancreas to make both Insulin and digestive enzymes. The lack of Insulin can lead to a form of diabetes resembling juvenile or type 1 diabetes. In diabetics, alcohol worsens control in a number of ways, and is also a high calorie "food" - twice the calories of sugar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Too Much Alcohol?: Not everyone has this response, but alcohol can significantly irritate the lining of the stomach...Thus making it easier to have an upset stomach and to lead to nausea, vomiting, and ulcers. Also adding to this potential is that drinking heavily for your body type and experience can lead to alcohol poisoning and thus your body wants to expel anything toxic. ...Read more
Not just going....: People find their way out of chemical dependency in many ways, including increasing their spiritual/religious observances. However, the mere act of "going" is not likely to have a major effect. People drink/drug because they are in some kind of pain, usually old trauma, and untreated underlying emotional/psychological issues. Church can be helpful, but mental health workers also help - use both! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can drinking too much alcohol do to you?
- Can you get thrush from drinking too much alcohol?
- Can drinking too much alcohol cause kidney pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Getting too much bowel gas after drinking smoothies what can i take to help
- Can drinking too much milk cause diabetes type 2?
- Can too much weight gain lead to more frequent headaches?
- Can drinking too much alcohol cause alzheimer's s?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free