Doctor insights on:
Can Doxycycline Be Used To Treat Tonsillitis
Acute parenchymatous tonsillitis not responding to amoxycillin 500mg bd for 3 days . Can i shift to doxycycline ??
YES: Only under a doctor's supervision.Get a more detailed answer ›
I went to my doctor for tonsillitis he prescribed me doxycycline will this be effective against tonsillitis.
You will either get: Better or develop one of the complications of tonsillitis ie peritonsillar abscess/ retropharyngeal abscess. Since most cases of tonsillitis are viral, treatment would be for comfort and hydration. Untreated strep infections could lead to scarlet fever and rheumatic fever. Recent studies have shown that strep may cause heart damage that shows up much later in life. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can doxycycline be used to treat uti?
- Doxycycline used to treat chlamydia
- Can doxycycline be used for bronchitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is doxycycline used to treat tooth infection?
- Can doxycycline treat acne?
- Can doxycycline treat stds?
- Can doxycycline treat chlamydia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free