Doctor insights on:
Can Dobutamine Be A Vasoconstrictor
Yes and no: They are both catecholamines, a specific type of chemical class. In the body, there are different type of receptors in tissues which bind catechols with different effects. Dopamine and doubtamine have different affinities for different receptors and thus can have different effects. Kind of like different types of baking sugars...They are all sugars but are used for special purposes and functions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No other form: Presently, there is no other form of Dobutamine on the market. Generally, when Dobutamine is used, one is seeking immediate action of the drug, if the drug was administered through just about any other route, it would take longer to act and the delay in action is not desirable. This of course excludes CHF patients on chronic Dobutamine pump, my first sentence is directed at them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you describe a dobutamine stress test?
- Can someone mix heparin and dobutamine hci?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dobutamine allergy
- Dobutamine antidote
- Is dopamine similar to dobutamine?
- Dobutamine cardiolite stress test
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free