Doctor insights on:
Can Diseases Be Transferred Through Getting Spit In Your Eye
Usually not: Saliva generally has a low concentration of truly dangerous pathogens. On the intact corneal and conjunctival surface you have antibodies which neutralize many pathogens. Getting blood splashed into the eye is a different story which can transmit HIV and hepatitis. Just wash your eye out and you should be ok. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible to get Hepatitis B from someone getting spittle/spit in your eye? I ask because I have red HBV can be passed through saliva.
Anything: Any communicable disease would potentially be able to be transferred this way. Just like a sneeze. ...Read more
If i spit in a sink on a toothpaste stain and a drop of water (maybe mixed with toothpaste used by another) cames back in my eye can I get any disease?
Can you get hiv if spit from another person accidentally flew into your eye? what if he had a cut in his mouth/gum disease? i could not wash my eyes
Technically, yes.: This is fairly unlikely because the healthy eye has a very effective immunological defense system. Nevertheless, a sufficient innoculum or breakdown in defenses could result in transmission of infection. The surface of the eye is a mucous membrane. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son has strep and he coughed and a little spit got in my eyes. Can i get strep in my eye. What are the symptoms that I should look out for.
No: that is not how you get POHS ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get hiv if someone spit in your eye?
- Can you get hiv from spit in the eye?
- Diseases transferred through sexual contact
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can aids transfer through saliva?
- Can herpes be transferred through blood?
- Spit in eye disease
- What diseaseillness can you get from getting spit in your eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free