Doctor insights on:
Can Dental Problems Cause Pericarditis
Is pericarditis seen on CTA? Also can pericarditis be caused by dental abscess? And if so, how long after dental abscess would symptoms occur?
Pericarditis: Pericarditis can be seen on CT scan imaging - actually just yesterday I saw a case. It depends to a large degree on the duration of symptoms, plus the organism involved (germ) and other factors. A dental abscess could pre-dispose to this because of possible bacteremia -or circulation of germs after a nasty infection. The length of time could be anywhere from a few days to weeks before onset. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varied: Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and scleroderma, can cause pericarditis. Kidney failure (uremic pericarditis), tumors, genetic diseases such as familial mediterranean fever, or rarely, medications that suppress the immune system can also be the cause. In a number of cases of pericarditis, the cause is unknown. This is referred to as idiopathic pericarditis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: Pericarditis is an inflammation of the lining around the heart. The risks are usually during the acute illness, and they include arrhythmias, cardiac tamponade and heart failure. It is highly unlikely that there would be any long term problems after recovery since pericarditis is usually a self limited illness and severe cases of pericarditis usually require removal of the pericardial lining. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can dental problems cause heart problems?
- Can dental problems cause dizziness?
- Can dental problems cause swollen lymph nodes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can years of prednisone cause dental problems?
- Dental problems causing headaches
- Pericarditis and dental work
- Can pericarditis cause the heart sac to burst?
- Talk to a dentist online for free