Doctor insights on:
Can Dehydration Be A Complication Of Tapeworms
Shouldn't be: This was a hard one! people with suppressed immune systems from chemotherapy are at a slightly higher risk of getting tapeworm infections, which are uncommon in the U.S. Tapeworms come from eating undercooked beef or pork. If you already have tapeworms, you need medicine to get rid of them, and that will work just the same whether you are on chemotherapy or not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Adequate fluids: But, need to understand the common reason for dehydration is not lack of fluid intake. Long gone are the days when people are lost in the desert. In the era of the big gulp and a/c, water pills are the common cause when associated with vomiting or diarrhea. Hold water pills if have fluid loss or lost a/c in summer.Fluid overload is much more than dehydration.Don't overdrink if kidney diseaseor chf. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on cause: Dehydration (a misnomer) can be caused by many conditions, including diseases, medications, and environmental factors. It is usually a loss of salt and water from the body. Mild to moderate depletion is usually easily corrected and may not require medical attention, while severe, recurrent, or persistent dehydration needs medical evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can diarrhea be a symptom of dehydration?
- Can cloudy urine be a sign of pregnancy?
- Can dehydration be the cause of frequent urination?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a low grade fever be a sign of pregnancy?
- Can eyelid twitching be an early sign of a seizure?
- Can having a thick creamy white vaginal discharge be a sign of pregnancy?
- Can costochondritis be a symptom of lupus?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free