Doctor insights on:
Can Cryotherapy Make My Cervix Slough For Four Days
I had cryotherapy on my cervix 4 days ago. I have watery discharge that has an off odour to it but only if I make a point of smelling it. Infection?
Not many: Cryotherapy is based on the fact that frozen tissue dies. Most non-malignant problems of the cervix, due to the papilloma virus, can be treated as local issues. Removing the local tissue does not kill the virus but it eliminates the portion of the cervix which has been stimulated to grow abnormally. The frozen tissue breaks down, producing a thick discharge but complications are rare. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What did the doc : Who did the procedure tell you, that is a basic followup instruction that your doc should have told you before or right after doing the procedure, normal time is 3- 10 days at the most and there should be no odor, very surprised your doc did not tell you that to you as that a basic post procedure instruction. ...Read more
Still pretty good: The chance of cryotherapy decreasing your chance of getting pregnant is very low. It's still very likely your chance of pregnancy is good. If you're concerned, talk with an infertility specialist about intrauterine insemination: that bypasses the cervix, and any possible negative impact of the cryotherapy. ...Read more
My cervix would not dilate to allow for an IUD. He used a plastic sound, no drugs. I had cryotherapy on my cervix a few years ago. Can I have an IUD?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i test 4 days before my period?
- Can i test for pregnancy 4 days before my period?
- Can i take pregnancy test 4 days before my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get pregnant 4 days before my period?
- Can i get pregnant 4 days before my period is due?
- Can i get pregnant 4 days after my period ended?
- Early period (4 days)
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free