Doctor insights on:
Can Cranberry Pills Help My Overactive Bladder
I have an overactive bladder. None of the of pills I've taken helped. I'm thinking about getting botox in my bladder. Would this surgery be benefical?
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Yes: You can either avoid alcohol for about a month, drink plenty of water, and perhaps your bladder will regain its lining. Medication: OTC urinary bladder infection medications like AZO. Another option is to take anticholinergics such as oxybutynin or tolterodine. ...Read moreWould you like to talk to a doctor now? ›
EtOH = diuretic: Since alcohal is a diuretic and accelerates urine production, it is logical that you should avoid alcohal if you have an "overactive" bladder. Plus, there is a lot of data coming out now that should dispel the the current recommendation that alittle bit of alcohal (eg a glass or two of wine daily) is beneficial - in fact, we should all probably avoid alcohal completely. ...Read moreWould you like to talk to a doctor now? ›
Start with PCP: You can start with your primary care provider or ob/gyn. If initial therapies are unsuccessful then further investigation may be warranted. A specialist such as a urologist or urogynecologist may be necessary. Further investigation may include urodynamic studies, cystoscopy, imaging studies and laboratory investigation such as a urine cytology. ...Read moreWould you like to talk to a doctor now? ›
Q1: Does weight lifting and heavy training help in reducing uric acid?
Q2: Is there a correlation between overactive-bladder and high uric acid?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cranberry supplements help an overactive bladder?
- Can cranberry pills help uti?
- Can pills enlarge my breast?
- I have like super dry crusty skin in between my toes what can help this
- Does water pills help clean thc out of my system?
- What food or drinks can help make my heartburn pain go away?
- Diet pills i can take with my hypothyroidism
- Can my doctor prescribe me something to help speed up my metabolism?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free