Doctor insights on:
Can Cranberry Pills Help My Overactive Bladder
I have an overactive bladder. None of the of pills I've taken helped. I'm thinking about getting botox in my bladder. Would this surgery be benefical?
See 1 more doctor answer
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Yes: You can either avoid alcohol for about a month, drink plenty of water, and perhaps your bladder will regain its lining. Medication: OTC urinary bladder infection medications like AZO. Another option is to take anticholinergics such as oxybutynin or tolterodine. ...Read more
EtOH = diuretic: Since alcohal is a diuretic and accelerates urine production, it is logical that you should avoid alcohal if you have an "overactive" bladder. Plus, there is a lot of data coming out now that should dispel the the current recommendation that alittle bit of alcohal (eg a glass or two of wine daily) is beneficial - in fact, we should all probably avoid alcohal completely. ...Read more
Doesn't really: While drinking water is good for your kidneys and overall health, it has no particular effect on an overactive bladder other than exaggerating bladder symptoms due to increasing bladder activity ...Read more
Start with PCP: You can start with your primary care provider or ob/gyn. If initial therapies are unsuccessful then further investigation may be warranted. A specialist such as a urologist or urogynecologist may be necessary. Further investigation may include urodynamic studies, cystoscopy, imaging studies and laboratory investigation such as a urine cytology. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cranberry supplements help an overactive bladder?
- Can pills enlarge my breast?
- I have like super dry crusty skin in between my toes what can help this
- Does water pills help clean thc out of my system?
- What food or drinks can help make my heartburn pain go away?
- Diet pills i can take with my hypothyroidism
- Can my doctor prescribe me something to help speed up my metabolism?
- Can folic acid help regulate my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free