Doctor insights on:
Can Contacts Correct Strabismus Or Lazy Eye The Same Way Glasses Do
It depends: Contact lenses cannot be used for prism correction of strabismus. Glasses are the better choice for this. For lazy eye, in some cases contacts can work well to correct vision in the lazy eye. It depends on the cause of the lazy eye. See your local ophthalmologist for a thorough exam. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe,maybe not: Ambliopia (lazy eye) is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision. It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery. If the process has gone on too long, the brain ignores the fix & surgery is simply cosmetic. ...Read more
Depends on age: And underlying cause of the "lazy eye" if by "lazy eye" you mean an eye that is not straight, some types can be compensated with glasses at a young age. If "lazy eye" means an eye that never developed normally and has poor vision (amblyopia), then -- no-- no spectacle will fix it. ...Read more
An optometrist told me I have a lazy eye and that no glasses would fix it much. I'm 20 years of age. Is there any way to fix its vision?
Turning off vision: The brain utilizes the input of both eyes to aid in depth perception/distance etc. As a child grows, their eyes may have different strength, or weakness in an eye muscle may allow one to line up wrong. The fuzzy or double vision confuses the brain. Over time the brain may turn off the input of one eye & keep the best. That process is called amblyopia. If caught early it can be fixed, if late, not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do glasses or contacts help with a lazy eye?
- Can you wear glasses and contacts at the same time?
- How can i get rid of glasses without laser eye treatment or contacts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there anything i can do to prevent my lazy eye from drifting?
- What can i do to relieve my swollen eyes over the counter eye drops?
- Can a lazy eye be caused by a hit to the eye?
- Can sitting too close too the laptop or television make people cross eyed?
- Talk to a pediatrician online