Doctor insights on:
Can Contacts Be Worn After Retinal Detachment Surgery
The retina is the light sensitive layer in the back of the eye that transmits images to the brain via the optic nerves to create vision. If a hole or tear develops in the retina, eye fluids can separate the retina from underlying layer (choroid) . The most common cause of retinal holes or tears is traction from the vitreous, the clear gel that fils the inside of ...Read more
Ask your surgeon: Ask your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
3-8 weeks.: Although less common, a short acting gas bubble in a relatively simple detachment can facilitate a shorter period of face down positioning. Surgeons use gases with different rates of absorption for this purpose. Usually drops continue for between two and four weeks, depending on situation. Finally, silicon oil can be used and no positioning at all is required but the oil must be removed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Limits eye movement: Your doctor may have patched both eyes so that you don't move your eyes. Depending on the situation, your doctor may have bilaterally patched you because both eyes move when you try to only move one eye. This type of patching is very uncommon nowadays. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After a retinal detachment surgery the dr said i can go back to my professional boxing career after 6 months. What are my chances of another retina detachment in a fight after 6 months?
Risky: The fact that you have had a detachment already in one eye indicates an increased susceptibility to this event. Hopefully your re-attachement went well but inevitably the vision will be down a bit. Your risk for the other eye, is much higher than average and the risk of re-occurrence in the operated eye is much higher. You must carefully consider you boxing vs the high risk of blindness. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When can you drink after retinal detachment surgery
- What is the common recovery time after retinal detachment surgery?
- Fluid behind eye after retinal detachment surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vision improve after retinal detachment surgery?
- What are the treatment for low eyes pressure after retinal detachment surgery?
- Double vision after retinal detachment surgery
- How long can you be taking pain pills after back surgery?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free