Doctor insights on:
Can Contact Lens Slip Back And Be Stuck Behind The Eyes
I am a contact lens wearer with very dry eyes - getting back to full time contacts wear, what tips do you have for me?
Contact lens wearer with very dry eyes - how can I prevent dry eyes after getting back to wearing contacts full time?
No: The membrane that covered the white part of the eye extends up under the eyelid and then returns down as the inner lining of the eyelid. As such it creates a pocket up under the lid that will prevent a contact lens from going behind your eye. A contact lens can get stuck up in this fornix but it can be removed. ...Read more
Got shampoo in my eye and took the contact lens out. Put it in solution and back in my eye. Two days later, my eye is red and feels bruised. Problem?
C.L.O.W.S.: Contact lens over-wear syndrome is the generic term for a number of conditions, including sterile limbal infiltrates, limbus neovascularization and even upper lid problems such as giant papillary conjunctivitis. Take out your contacts, wear glasses instead, and see your eye doctor for an urgent care evaluation. Decrease your wearing time and/or switch to rigid gas permeable lenses. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can be the cause of bleeding gum and nose bleeds and watery eyes?
- Can saline solutions for contact lenses help soothe dry and tired eyes?
- Can chlamydia and hiv be contacted at the same time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can be done for eyes that get so dry from wearing contact lenses?
- What can be the cause for pain in my right side abdomen and burning with i pee?
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes?
- Can scoliosis cause numbness in the legs thighs lower back and feet?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free