Doctor insights on:
Can Constipation Delay Your Period
Normal stool?: If your stool is normal and the frequency is same as usual, and you experience cramp during/around your period, then it is likely your period. If u have constipation, then treat it--increase fluid, add fibers (fibercon/metamucil/benefiber/senokot etc..) if constipation resolves but still crampy, then it is, again, likely your period. Motrin/aleve can help. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
Better ways: Most physicians frown upon taking strong laxatives chronically and, instead, prefer measures such as proper diet, appropriate fluid intake, fiber supplements and gentle medications like stool softeners to improve bowel function. Some patients are placed on prescription medications also. Laxatives should only be used short term. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a cold delay your period?
- Medications that can delay your period
- Can zoloft delay your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an antibiotic delay your period?
- Can breastfeeding delay your period?
- Can travelling delay your period?
- Factors that can delay your period
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free