Doctor insights on:
Can Constipation Cause Urinary Retention
Rarely: Severe stool impaction can cause urinary retention especially in chidren. A large hard bolus of stool can compress thethra ; even push up the bladder neck. Such patients usually need a manual stool disimpaction followed by vigorous enemas ; should consult with a gastroenterologist if they have not previously done so. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many: Some high blood pressure medications (eg hytrin) affect urethral tone and cause incontinence. Diurectics cause the bladder to fill quickly & can aggravate incontinence (but should not be stopped w/o dr's ok). Muscle relaxants can aggravate incontinence. And certain medications such as for myasthenia gravis can affect bladder function. Any drug that worsens constipation can worsen bladder function. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
Diarrhea and urine: Sometimes with diarrhea you can get a urinary tract infection which can cause frequent urination. If you have diarrhea from diabetes then the diabetes or elevated glucose can cause frequent urination. Pinworms can cause urinary tract infections. Follow with your doctor and check an urinanalysis/ urine culture. ...Read more
Constipation (Child) (Definition)
A condition in which it is difficult to pass stools because the stools are too firm or too dry. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Constipation and urinary retention
- Can constipation cause urinary incontinence?
- Can constipation cause urinary problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of urinary retention in men
- Antidepressants cause urinary retention
- Can cellulitis from insect bite toxins cause urinary retention?
- Does constipation cause fluid retention?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online