Doctor insights on:
Can Constipation Cause Sharp Abdominal Pain
Absolutely; due to..: small bowel distension after material in colon has accumulated & not moved on. One of the best strategies to prevent & ? recurrence is activity: e.g. walking 1-3 miles, along with ?ed hydration, dried prunes (several/day; trial & error amounts), ?ed soluble fiber in diet (however often requires days to a wk or more + trial & error amounts), rarely a bottle of Citrate of Magnesia, etc., to resolve. ...Read more
Yes: Usually lower back in the lumbar region as a rectum full of hard stool pulls on the supporting ligaments of the rectum that are attached to the lower back. Of course many other things can cause back pain as well, so best to be evaluated by your doctor or a specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can constipation cause abdominal pain?
- Can constipation cause sharp back pain?
- Can constipation cause right side abdominal pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can constipation cause lower left abdominal pain?
- Can constipation cause lower abdominal pain?
- Can constipation cause severe abdominal pain?
- Can constipation cause upper abdominal pain?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online