Doctor insights on:
Can Constipation Cause Pelvic Pain
Yes: Usually lower back in the lumbar region as a rectum full of hard stool pulls on the supporting ligaments of the rectum that are attached to the lower back. Of course many other things can cause back pain as well, so best to be evaluated by your doctor or a specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Absolutely; due to..: small bowel distension after material in colon has accumulated & not moved on. One of the best strategies to prevent & ? recurrence is activity: e.g. walking 1-3 miles, along with ?ed hydration, dried prunes (several/day; trial & error amounts), ?ed soluble fiber in diet (however often requires days to a wk or more + trial & error amounts), rarely a bottle of Citrate of Magnesia, etc., to resolve. ...Read more
It can, so can other: Lots of things can cause right pelvic pain. If it is new, or a change in pattern, for a 61 Y.O. Woman, would not assume ibs, until other potentially more serious causes are evaluated, e.g. Gyn/ovarian issues, other colon or GI problems, hernias, etc.. See your doc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can constipation cause lower pelvic pain?
- Can constipation cause pelvic pressure?
- What can cause pelvic pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can ibs cause pelvic pain?
- Can masturbation cause pelvic pain?
- Can pelvic calcificain cause pain?
- Can clomid cause pelvic pain?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free