Doctor insights on:
Can Constipation Cause Kidney Pain
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Yes: The diet/medications that we use for people with stage 3 ckd can cause constipation. Use of metamucil or its generic equivalent is generally all that's needed to overcome this. However, this can worsen as the kidney disease progresses. Since the colon is responsible for up to 60% of potassium excretion in patients with advanced kidney disease, you need to work closely with your doc to avoid this. ...Read more
1.When fibroids are causing constipation, does it mean that they are pressing on the intern organs ? 2. Can they cause damage to the kidneys or liver?
1. Yes 2. No.: The pelvis is packed with organs all fighting for elbow room -- an enlarged uterus blocks rectal evacuation. It could also cause urinary frequency and urgency; or even issues with sex. If they're that big, you may be headed for hysterectomy. The kidneys and liver are tucked way up high and out of the pelvis -- no worries there. Take a stool softener to maintain a stool that curls and bends. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have stage 3 kidney disease and and used a fleet rectal enema for constipation I later found out it may cause kidney failure. Should I be worried?
Cause of nausea, cramps, and constipation? Colonoscopy, bladder and kidney ultrasound, labs, echo all clear.
Vague symptoms: Nausea, cramping, and constipation are vague symptoms at best. Gynecologic problems can cause them, as can irritable bowel syndrome, non-erosive reflux disease (NERD), gastroparesis, and other conditions. Best to talk to a gastroenteroligst (GI doctor) with ur symptoms. Keep a log of when u have symptoms & what u are eating - it may help the doctor trying to diagnose the problem. Good Luck! ...Read more
Stress & kidneys?: stress and anxiety can increase the perception of pain & amt of pain experienced. So, these may contribute 2 pain. Anxiety, by itself, doesn't cause "kidney" pain. Nerve endings that terminate near the kidney will be irritated if the the kidney is inflamed (Bc of infection, for ex) or a stone may cause pain passing thru another structure. C ur doc ASAP if u have kidney pain 2 find cause & treat! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a kidney infection cause constipation?
- Can a kidney stone cause constipation?
- Can kidney infection cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can constipation cause stomach pain?
- Can constipation cause bladder pain?
- Can constipation cause abdominal pain?
- Can constipation cause side pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free