Doctor insights on:
Congestive Heart Failure And Dementia
Names of most suitable ssri antidepressant needed for multiinfarct stroke dementia patient, 67, with minor congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, diabetes. Dosage and duration info appreciated.
SSRIs: There is some evidence that ssris help with post stroke remodeling where the brain works on regrowing connections between brain areas that were not killed by the stroke. There is also evidence they help prevent post stroke depression that is very common. Not much reason to think one ssri is better than another. See your prescriber for specific dosage recommendations. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
One day at a time: I have many patient living very productive lives. Doctor needs to treat the conditions that makes heart weak (htn, atrial fibrillation, irregular heart beats, anemia, diabetes, cholesterol, stroke prevention etc) . Balance eating, exercise, and mostimportant pma (positive mental attitude). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Basically, it is a condition in which your heart becomes an inefficient pump. As a result, fluid backs up into your lungs and also your lower extremities. There are numerous causes for this but ischemic heart disease is the most common cause. This can be diagnosed by laboratory test, chest xray, as well as an echo or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pneumonia cause congestive heart failure?
- Can congestive heart failure cause blood clot in the brain?
- Can atrial fibrillation cause congestive heart failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you live with congestive heart failure?
- Does congestive heart failure cause swelling of the face?
- How long can someone live with congestive heart failure?
- Congestive heart failure dementia
- Talk to a cardiologist online