Doctor insights on:
Can Coarctation Of The Aorta Cause Poor Growth In Height
Not in isolation: Coarctation only causes cyanosis when it is associated with other heart disease that allows blue blood to cross over to the red blood side. Cyanosis occurs in two situations: 1. When blue blood gets to the red blood side ("right-to-left shunting) or 2. When blood is not fully oxygenated in the lungs ("pulmonary venous desaturation"). ...Read more
Why coarctation of aorta in infantile, cause passes of the blood from pulmonary artery to the aorta through pda?
Plumbing!: Blood must get to the body, else the fetus would not survive. The same is true once the baby is born. In utero, blood flows from pulm artery (pa) to aorta (ao) normally. Once born, the blood continues to flow this way so that blood can get to the body. When the PDA closes, the child becomes very sick. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Coarctation of aorta: Coarctation of the aorta is a narrowing of the aorta, so if the narrowing is below the 1st or 2nd intercostal artery then likely those arteries would not be affected. Also there is a good collateral circulation along the spinal cord which helps to protect the circulation. ...Read more
I have had vsd repair and coarctation of aorta am i more susceptible for heart attack. Warning signs? How to tell if its a heart attack or anxiety?
Possibly: Patients with coarctation are, unfortunately, at greater risk of coronary artery disease. The reason is not well understood, but there is good evidence to support this. Please discuss the warning signs with your doctor; but they include severe chest pain, palpitations, arm pain, sweating, fainting, difficulty breathing. Please seek medical attention immediately if you are concerned. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How effective are spider vein treatments? What is the average cost? I have had vsd and coarctation of aorta repair as a baby as well.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can swelling in the limbs be caused by coarctation of the aorta?
- Can kidney stones cause a pain in the tip of your penis?
- Can a torn biceps tendon cause loss of feeling in the hand or wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can be the cause of lack of appetite in case of 2 year old kid?
- What are the causes of calcification in abdominal aorta?
- Can a lack of vitamin d cause numbness in the extremities?
- Can one night of drinking cause bleeding in the stools the next day?
- Talk to a pediatrician online