Doctor insights on:
Can Cleaning A Backyard Bird Bath Give Me Bird Flu
No: Since there is no outbreak of bird flu in the United States, cleaning a bird bath will give a person many happy birds, but no bird flu. In the asian countries where there is some bird flu, one can catch the disease from infected birds, such as when one cleans chicken coops and raises chickens. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Avian influenza is..: An intestinal disease in birds so bird bath water may contain the virus but many of the strains of avian influenza do not transmit to people and the h5n1 strain does transmit well to people and seems to need direct exposure to the infected bird. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Complex question: 1. Depending on genetic predisposition, some people may ignore it because it doesn't give them the terrible signs and symptoms that most other people get 2. Most people will treat their infection like any other flu-like illness and therefore, not ignoring it. 3.You will die if you truly doing nothing for "bird flu", likely from a secondary infection or other complication. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Avian influenza: The avian flu virus (h5n1) has been shown to survive in the environment for long periods of time. Infection may be spread simply by touching contaminated surfaces. Birds who were infected with this flu can continue to release the virus in their feces and saliva for as long as 10 days. This is not transmitted to humans from other mammals as of yet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a parakeet spread bird flu?
- Cleaning bird bath flu
- Can hpv be transferred if a girl gives me a unprotected blow job?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can my baby give me a yeast infection while breastfeeding?
- When can i give my baby a bubble bath
- Can i give my baby a bath with a burst eardrum?
- Can you give me some tips on how to relax after work in a healthy manner?
- Talk to a dermatologist online