Doctor insights on:
Can Cigarette Burns Scar
Yes: When our bodies sustain an injury, the immediate response is inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling). This is the body increasing the blood flow and bringing healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. As healing occurs, new tissues fill in that are different than normal and less elastic. This is a scar. Over time it will fade in color but always be there. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can a dermatologist or doctor find evidence of burns (particularly those from cigarettes) from skin that has healed without scarring?
Depends: It depends on how deep the burn is. If the wound base is pink and moist, then it's most likely a 2nd degree burn. If the wound base is white or leathery, then it's a 3rd degree burn. Deeper injuries will produce scars. ...Read more
Depends: The depth of the burn determines if it will scar or not. The deeper the burn, the more likely it will scar. ...Read more
I have severe scarring, what looks like cigarette burns from having a wart removed from one leg, and a tiny little dot on the other. Is this normal?
Scarring: This may happen. See a plastic surgeon for advice on getting rid of these scars. ...Read more
When will (almost healed) purple (reddish) scar of cigarette burn disappear . for 2 months i have red circle that is surrounded with white circle ?
Prob 15 months: At your age, the final healing and appearance will probably not be evident until about 15 months post burn. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you re tear scar tissue?
- Does anyone know how vaginal friction burns can happen?
- Can you get an std from sharing a cigarette?
- Can you get herpes from sharing a cigarette?
- Rash that looks like cigarette burns
- Can you get aids from sharing a cigarette?
- How can i remove a scar on my eyelid after a chalazion surgery?
- Can scar tissue be removed from the lungs?
- Cigarette burns scar