Doctor insights on:
Can Children Have Sleep Apnea
snoring, and more: Snoring, observed pauses in sleep (especially longer than 10 seconds), bedwetting, mouth-breathing, restless sleep, difficulty getting up in the morning, attention-deficit disorder-like behavior, poor concentration, poor school performance, daytime tiredness or hyperactivity, all can be symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sleep position: Pediatric sleep apnea can be a serious condition. There are two types, central and obstructive. Both can be diagnosed with a sleep study. Obstructive sleep apnea is usually treated with surgery, while central apnea is treated with a CPAP machine, worn at night to keep the airway open. Sleep position, or weight loss if overweight can reduce apnea. ...Read more
5% or more: Estimates as high as 5% of all school-age children have sleep apnea. This number certainly will go higher given the unfortunate epidemic of childhood obesity. Obstructive sleep apnea can cause all sorts of problems and children with it are frequently mistaken for having attention deficit disorder. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can thin people have sleep apnea?
- What can you do if you have sleep apnea?
- Can skinny people have sleep apnea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can a person know if they have sleep apnea without a sleep test?
- Can you have sleep apnea and insomnia at the same time?
- Do i have sleep apnea?
- Can sinusitis cause sleep apnea?
- Talk to a pediatrician online